The number of lawsuits filed by employees against their employers has been rising. While most suits are filed against large corporations, no Missoula EPLI Insurance company is immune to such lawsuits. Recognizing that smaller companies now need this kind of protection, we provide this coverage as an endorsement to our Business owners Policy (BOP).
EPLI provides protection against many kinds of employee lawsuits, including claims of:
· Sexual harassment
· Wrongful termination
· Breach of employment contract
· Negligent evaluation
· Failure to employ or promote
· Wrongful discipline
· Deprivation of career opportunity
· Wrongful infliction of emotional distress
· Mismanagement of employee benefit plans
The cost of EPLI coverage depends on your type of business, the number of employees you have and various risk factors such as whether your company has been sued over employment practices in the past. The policies will reimburse your company against the costs of defending a lawsuit in court and for judgments and settlements. The policy covers legal costs, whether your company wins or loses the suit. Policies also typically do not pay for punitive damages or civil or criminal fines. Liabilities covered by other insurance policies such as workers’ compensation are excluded from EPLI policies.
To prevent employee lawsuits, educate your managers and employees so that you minimize problems in the first place:
· Create effective hiring and screening programs to avoid discrimination in hiring.
· Post corporate policies throughout the workplace and place them in employee handbooks so policies are clear to everyone.
· Show employees what steps to take if they are the object of sexual harassment or discrimination by a supervisor. Make sure supervisors know where the company stands on what behaviors are not permissible.
· Document everything that occurs and the steps your company is taking to prevent and solve employee disputes.
We are an independent agency, and we understand the unique needs of our North Texas customers. We have relationships with dozens of insurance companies, allowing you to get the right price with the right service. Whether you have the ideal history that preferred companies desire, or a not so perfect history, we find the right coverage with the best company, at the best rate for you. Make changes to your policy directly from our website twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Use any of our convenient forms located at the left for policy service directly from your home or office. As an independent insurance agent, we can offer the right coverages with the personal touch you expect from your neighborhood insurance agent.
Request policy customer service online
Click here to contact us or visit us at our office.